Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Watercolour Calendar Journaling

The spreads in my new watercolour journal are much larger than my previous journal so I've fitted 10 days onto this one. I'm trying to think of different watercolour techniques to try and add artful touches to the pages.
These flowers were stamped by spritzing a foam stamp with water, then applying neocolor crayons. I stamped with 2 different colours and the image is nice and soft. Enjoying different ways of lettering too. I started my new job last week, and am feeling very happy about the new challenges. The boys are both enjoying school too so at the moment I'm a
Here's the left hand page of the spread. Click on any photo to see it larger.
On the second page I tried the technique of stamping with gel medium to act as a resist and then applying watercolour over the top - in this case I used gelatos.
Loving this effect so much I think I will try it again in future pages. I also like the look of grungy imperfect spray next to the line of pretty tape
I had a wee gap at the bottom of this page, so rather than add another day, I stamped a couple of hibiscus flowers and then outlined and filled them in with a bit of watercolour.
Go & read this post from Daisy Yellow called "Good Enough"
She sums up why I do this daily journaling - in fact, all my creative endeavours - because my life is happier with art in my days :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love your pages, I would like to try some more watercolour stuff,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...