Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Indian Wall-hanging

Last week my focus was on stitch and I spent my arting time adding to my Indian Wall-Hanging. My base was created in the online Mixed Media Melange workshop with Julie Prichard & Chris Cozen - highly recommended.
One of my friends mentioned it looked like a base for a Beryl Taylor-inspired piece...so that's where I've gone with it, but in bright indian colours and themes. I shared some of the initial play here. After a week it now looks like this (click on the picture to see it larger)
Love that I have been able to include lots of pieces from previous playdays.
Metal here
Fabric paper here
Tyvek beads here
Wax here
Enjoying the mix of stitches and materials
Cardboard and seed beads on Sari Ribbon on Felt
The pieces below were made with black sculpey - oven bake clay
In a playday inspired by Laurie Mika and this book
Click here for a peek inside via amazon
Looking forward to gathering more ideas and adding to this again next week.

7 comments:

  1. So Beautiful and so much to see in this one piece. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much! Wonderful! I enjoyed going back to the previous posts as well.

    Would that I was making more - back to work, nose to grind stone, a week off to play Nanna (great fun) but not mucking around on the playroom! No posts on the blog either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly mixed media project! So many lovely elements! You're right, where do you go from here, LOL? You've tried everything already! I've got that book too - I bought it second hand on eBay because it is now out of print. I've made some art tiles, but not enough to make a whole project out of them. It's on my list though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I LOVE your work and your indian wall hanging is gorgeous!!
    Ive just been tryimg to find the workshop that you did the base in but it looks like its finished. Do you know if there's any other instructions anywhere? I'd love to have a go at something like it. Hope to hear back from you soon, until then, happy creating :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a bunch - unfortunately I haven't seen that sort of instruction anywhere else. You could try approaching Julie Prichard to see if she would sell you instructions maybe? Hope you have a creative 2017

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course the class was only for the base which is that first photo - all the rest is my own creation with links to blogposts explaining a bit about how.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...