Saturday, June 4, 2011

Inspiration for a long weekend

Happy Queen's Birthday weekend. Thought I would share some things to inspire you to be creative this weekend:
If you live locally make a trip to Woodville this weekend - Tracy White of Inspire Fibres is having an open weekend with lots of clearance items and specials : 9-5pm 4th-6th June. 94 Vogel St, Woodville (beside the police station). She hand dyes fine NZ merino and silks for spinners and felters and silk papermakers, in unique and beautiful colours, and also makes beautiful felted and fibre items.
Hand Stitching inspiration
A while ago I had the pleasure of enjoying this book - some lovely ideas. And it led me to the digs & bean blog.
I enjoy the eclectic mix of stitcheries at the Feeling Stitchy blog.
Love the stitches in this post by Hugs from Helen
Ruth Rae always inspires
But what is really getting me going at the moment are the lovely sari ribbon embroideries by Linda Vincent....I would LOVE to be able to tell you by the end of the weekend that I have started one of these. I will let you know if that happens!

If you want to take some on-line classes over the next month or so (that are not stitch-related - can you tell I have a problem staying focussed on one artform?!):
I am sorely tempted to join Mary Ann Moss in her new Full Tilt Boogie journal class : 4 weeks beginning June 17th
Mary Green of Green Paper is celebrating the fact that 300 artists have taken her GlueBook class - she is offering a discount of 30% off for the month of June! Go here for details, and you can check out the lovely pages that Lenna made in this class here.
Mary's June collage challenge is also up - you need to create something from her collage worksheet by Wednesday 8th June.
And if you always wanted to work with watercolours, Alisa Burke is offering a 5 week online class in July.

Simply blog love:
If you love Italy, you will love DJ Pettitt's posts about her recent workshop there - divine
Margaret from Alice and Camilla is being inspired to journal by the True Colors book. Her pages are just gorgeous - so tactile and colourful.

And my current good read : Fabulous reviews and they seem to be true so far.
Hope something there to inspire you. Happy creative weekend

4 comments:

  1. Blimey, Lynette. Your librarian skills are shining through on this posting, ha ha! What a wonderful collection of links and so wonderfully disseminated too :-)
    I love your butterfly collage. Marvellous stuff! I want to see that at the next alt.shift.craft market, madame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynette......thank you so much for the mention! Hope you get to make a Spirit Cloth - its very relaxing!.
    You have some great links there...I'm off to follow some more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you sewed around the musical script hearts !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thank you for such an amazing and informative post! I LOVE your stitcing and butterflies, and I am a huge fan of you musical note hearts. ♥ Thanks for visiting! Your June calendar is full of flowery, happy fun and I love it! ~kath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...