Sunday, December 19, 2021

December Daily-ish : Week 3

Time for my Sunday share of my current December Daily-ish project.
 I'm responding to Michelle and Tamara's #ArtJournalAdvent challenge prompts with no expectation about how often I'll do these. I'm not behind - I am where I need to be. I finally finished work for the year on Friday so now I've got more time for art.
AJA 6 : Moment of happiness. This prompt inspired me to print a piece of my own art from 2018.
AJA 7 : Short break. Thinking about being present. Again repurposing some art, this time I've taken the base off a recent paper doll.
The beauty of machine stitching is that I could easily unpick the head from the back and I can reattach her to another base later. Added a few extra words and some new sari ribbon.
AJA 8 : Fulfilment. Reaching the end of the year and knowing I'm doing a good job gives me a great sense of fulfilment. I got lots of lovely cards with heartfelt messages from children at school last week. This handmade card was small enough to include and is a very special memory. 
AJA 9 : Boundaries. Thinking about how I push boundaries in my mixed media art, including using ALL the things including stitch and especially love when I have bits poking out over the edges. So much personal symbolism on this page.
So glad I'm doing this project and look forward to sharing more next week.

2 comments:

  1. Super pages and now you'll have more time to finish the journal! There's nothing like the feeling of holding a completed journal in your hands! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the prompts and the small format. Will get finished before end of year :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...