Thursday, July 4, 2024

June Review

I've been waiting to share this review until I could get some decent photos of my recent work. It's a challenge in the middle of Winter. I'm still continuing with my weekly project #52cards2024 : to create a card that reflects the past week (ending Sunday). I must include stitch, the colour turquoise and a word. 
These are my June cards : 
And we are now half way through the year!
I post details about the inspiration for these on my Facebook Artist's page. It's motivating to see all 26 of them together.
I work full-time as a librarian at a local intermediate (Year 7-8) school. One Friday last month I was so lucky to put on my creative hat and teach Arty Junk Journals as part of our Be Brave sessions. These were an opportunity for students to learn something new out of their comfort zones. 
Awesome group of 18 kids. They created these beautiful books out of recycled materials in just 2 hours.
In my May review I shared progress on my Fodder School project with Susanne RandersI wanted to complete my portfolio and fill it up, and I very happily achieved that before the end of June 
Empty above and full below 
June was also my birthday month. I am looking forward to making use of these lovely gifted stamps
and I used some birthday money for this : 
Find out everything about this event HERE and my thoughts about it HERE. Currently early bird registration is US$67. This goes up to US$97 during fest (July 12th to 31st) and then US$137 after Fest ends.
I finish our current school term tomorrow and then 2 weeks of school holidays ahead for me. I am looking forward to what I'll be able to do with my free time. I'm going to focus on the Flowers Magic class but check out other FREE class inspiration in my previous postAlso excited to see our new project for Fodder School 3 with Kecia Deveney
Hopefully lots to share at the end of July.

3 comments:

  1. How proud you must be of the students and their books! It's such fun to pass along your knowledge and skills in art making. Your fodder keeper is wonderful. Aren't they the handiest size for pulling together all the fodder bits? Flowers Magic will be interesting and meanwhile I'm knee deep in the July lesson with Kecia. I love everything she makes. The painting is the only thing I haven't tried yet. Enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...