Wednesday, December 28, 2022

December review

It's a little early but I'm ready to share my review of projects for December. I am very happy to say I am on my summer holidays. December is always a hugely busy time with school events and I don't get to create much in the first half of the month. I did manage to make birthday and Christmas cards which I shared HERE, and then went on to create a gift card holder inspired by BB Henry's instructions on YouTube
Mine has a wee variation in that my holder has a full lining
I've managed to start putting together my November Fodder School project and I'll hopefully get that finished to share soon...
Mostly I've been trying to do a December monthly journal. I did some gatherings at the end of November and created my base on my last remaining file folder
I decided to stitch in a couple of lovely cards that were sent with my order for the fabulous Ellen Giggenbach calendar this year (she has an inspiring shop in Petone, New Zealand, plus online although closed until mid-January). They will be extra space to write about my December events and feelings.
My cover is inspired by my fodder school Christmas card project which I shared here
These pages are again inspired by some of the techniques from Megan's class Journal into your Art. This time I used a lot more quotes and photos to capture my month. These are my favourite spreads and I've done a flip-through for you too.
The back cover is included in the first picture at the top of this post, and there are a couple of pages at the end of this journal reserved for a family gathering on the 30th and whatever we do to celebrate New Year's Eve.
I'm going to do a review of the year post soon and I'll show you how I'm storing this set of journals from the year. 
Another reason to share a few days early : Did you know that if you sign up for Megan Quinlan's newsletter, she's dropping a free mini class on 1st January just for her newsletter subscribers?
I'll be back soon with a review of my year and looking ahead to what 2023 may hold. 
See more regular postings from me on my FB artist page and Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Your December journal is perfection! I can see the Megan influences in the backgrounds, etc. Oh, those gnomes- so appealing. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy. I am thrilled with how it's turned out. Hope you are staying warm in your part of the world

      Delete
  2. Super projects in December, Lynette, many of which I seem to have missed. Nice to see them all together here. So much inspiration out there, my head is spinning! I have a few things to catch up on - and tempted as I am to sign up for this mini class, I'm already sort of semi-committed to JJJ (Junk Journal January) - and a couple of other things! But I won't miss out because I can see what you're doing, so it's all good! Have a lovely time with your family - we're meeting up with my brother-in-law today as well. I wish you all the best in 2023 - see you around the playground! Enjoy your summer holidays! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just posted about Fodder School book project now complete and there will be a full review of my creative year in the next few days. I love summer holidays - it's a time of creative energy for me. Happy New Year ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...