Wednesday, August 3, 2022

July monthly journal review

Time to share my completed July monthly journal. 
I chose Blue since it's a Winter month in New Zealand and chilly. Funny that I also chose Blue for January for the opposite reason! I already shared my first 2 spreads HERE.
Sometimes I wonder if I should prepare my journal spreads for the whole month, but it's special being able to respond to what is happening for that week. The below spread was created the day after we heard about the sudden passing of my sister-in-law Sue. In shock and not knowing what do with myself, I was still able to create this simple spread for her 
I wanted to create a piece of art to honour her on that flip out page and she loved elephants. After a bit of looking I found Tamara Laporte's elephant portrait which is now available on Youtube. That link also includes a traceable which I reduced in size to fit into my journal. 
My version is Week 28 below - appropriately the word for that week was Blessing.
My art in this journal is mostly created in response to Effy Wild's Journal 52 cards for 2022. My rules : each piece will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. I don't usually overthink these and just go with what feels good in the moment. 
Week 26 : Reflect. Inspired by the materials I used for the Peace catcher I made with Lucie Duclos that weekI love the colours and reflected on how lucky I am to have a creative practice to help me process what's happening in my world.
Week 27 : Certain. I really enjoy doing tags so there are fabric bits that peek out of my journals. I started with an old end of printed watercolour paper and created my own tag shape
Certain that colour, stitch, and time spent making mixed media pieces will always make me happy
Week 28 : Blessing. Watercolour for the initial colouring of the elephant, also incorporating some leftover collage papers from my abstract landscapes that week.
Week 29 :  Resilient
You can get access to the prompts by joining Effy's Wilderhood group on FB or subscribe to her newsletter
Farewell to July and a sneak peek towards August - this next cover needs more work but I love the monarch butterfly. 
See all my posts about my monthly journal project HERE and Journal 52 HERESee more regular postings from me on my FB artist page and Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous journal for the month of July and such a nice collection so far! I'm always so inspired by your ideas - maybe one day I'll make my own monthly journals too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...