Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Holiday Inspirations

I'm in the middle of 2 weeks of school holidays {kermit flail}. I'm not blogging as much as I used to, but I'm still creative and sharing at least weekly on my Facebook and Instagram, and I thought I'd like to do a mid-holiday check-in. Although we are heading into Autumn we have been blessed with blue skies (the photo above was taken today) and continuing warm temperatures. 
I am lucky that I've got extended family who live within an hour's drive and we spent much of Easter and ANZAC day with various lovely people. We've also had a couple of mini breaks away from home with a day in Wellington and an overnighter in Taupo. 
There has also been some time to make art. I'll share my finished April journal and this month's Journal 52 prompts soon
When I started this journal I did some gatherings
so I was especially interested to read Laly Mille's recent post about creating bundles of inspiration which reinforces my thoughts about why gatherings before a project are important and how they can seed more ideas. These are some of Laly's bundles : 
It's no secret that I adore Fodder School and this month's lessons are with Sarah GardnerShe is a fabulously inspiring teacher. Go and check out her tag book tutorial on Youtube or in her Stencil girl post
See her post about this month's fodder school lessons HEREI've been paint swatching and creating micro-fodder.
I'll share more about my fodder project this month in another post soon. You can still join us.
All that swatching got me thinking about colour again and I've got Kellee Wynne Conrad's book out of the library. Lots of good stuff in there about how to mix vibrant variations from limited colours.
And in that lovely way this leads to that : Kellee and others are advertising this year's Virtual Art Summit from 2nd May.
You can register HERE and then you'll get notified on May 2nd to either use pay-what-you-can or buy the course at the forever price of $95. Interesting to investigate a mix of artists I already know and love plus some new to me. We'll see if I have time since this is after holidays....
I've never been very interested in podcasts, but the other day, while swatching, I listened to my first by Wendy Solganik - one of the creators of Fodder School - aka Willa Wanders
A very appropriate title for many of us in Fodder school, but what I was most excited to hear was that she said Fodder School won't end and they are already planning for the next session! I was additionally excited to get an email from her today announcing that there will be another Free Fodder Challenge for 2022 from July 5-13. 
I'll share more when I know more. You can sign up for Willa's newsletter HERE and get the Surrender Pocket instructions and her Mixed Media Tags online class as a free gift! She's so inspiring to me
And another Fodder School instructor who always inspires is Megan Whisner Quinlan. That link is to her instagram, but you might also enjoy her YouTube channel and her projects that appear regularly on the Ranger Ink blog.
Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the inspiration that's available, but mostly I just feel so very lucky. Now get off the computer and go make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...