Thursday, March 31, 2022

Journal 52 in March

I'm responding to Effy Wild's Journal 52 cards for 2022 on various small cards or tags that can become part of my monthly journal project. My rules : each small piece will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. Each monthly journal is colour themed.
Week 9 : Spring. As you may have read in my post at the beginning of the month, I've been feeling a bit disconnected from northern hemisphere artists all looking forward to Spring. Instead I created a memory of Summer featuring a photo from my childhood and fodder school bits from December, January and February.
Week 10 : Sovereign. That week I was playing with alcohol ink printing on the gelli plate. I took a couple of my off cuts and put them together with masking tape for my base this week before I got the prompt. Then - can you see her? 
Week 11 : Prosper. "What's lying leftover on my work table" was the bottom layer which is my under paper
Week 12 : Reverie. Inspired to create a pocketed tag like my recently finished book. I cut the small tag from the leftovers of my book cover, and the large tag from some gorgeous gelli printed gold and orange card that I thought complemented the smaller tag. A hint at Autumn colours.
Week 13 : Wonder. 
I adore Butterflies and I was inspired by new tissue supplies on my work table this week purchased from Ribbon Rose - very excited about what they have on offer. $5 postage and arrived at my door only 2 days after ordered. 
I share these Journal 52 responses weekly on my Instagram.You can get access to the prompts by joining Effy's Wilderhood group on FB or subscribe to her newsletterSee all my posts about this project here. I'll be posting soon about how they appear in my March monthly journal

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...