Saturday, January 22, 2022

Fodder School with Autumn Moon

You may have noticed that I'm blogging less but that doesn't mean I'm being less productive. I share more often on my Instagram but I really like sharing here for bringing the parts of my projects together. Time to share what I've done so far with our January lessons with Autumn Moon. I've made painted papers 
and explored a heap of different ways to include my own handwriting on fodder for my art. 
I really love the marks and the writing out thoughts without people being able to read it but it's still obviously my hand writing. 
And if you can't think of what to write, song lyrics and poetry is also really fun - you can let go without having to think of what to write and concentrate on getting into the the mark making zone. 
We also had bonus lessons from other class teachers : with Megan Whisner-Quinlan
Creating our own personalised tape with Tiffany Sharpe 
Roxanne Padgett did a bonus using other kinds of papers. I had a try with my baking paper under-paper. You really can't create this kind of gorgeous background except by accident!
And I used some gold writing on this and thought about transparency which led me to play with black, white and gold pen on tracing paper and then white and gold on black paper. Loving these samples
Putting our collage fodder onto sticky labels with Rebecca was extra fun. I adore how these turned out
And finally, cutting and punching some shapes and cutting and tearing some of the written painted papers to get a feel for how it looks as actual fodder
All this fodder making is just the first lot of lessons for the month! The project to make with the fodder is a personalised junk journal...I hope to get onto that next. You can still join us. We are only 4 months in of 12 and you have "lifetime access," which means the lifetime of the course. They will be available in Willa Workshops on Teachable for many years. It's pretty obvious that I recommend this course wholeheartedly 💜 See all my posts about this class here. 

4 comments:

  1. You explored every aspect of this month's lessons. I especially like the sticky tape and labels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about the labels which I really love. I'm so happy to have a new skill to add to my mixed media work.

      Delete
  2. You really went to town with this lesson! They will all be great for collage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am thrilled with all I've done this month.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...