Thursday, July 29, 2021

52 Tags : Week 30

Almost at the end of my school holidays. The Independent school where I work gets an extra week off mid-year. I am so lucky! I haven't done as much art as I thought I would but am feeling very rested, my roses are pruned, my oven is clean and I'm all prepared for our eldest's 21st middle of August. It takes a lot of organising and energy when he's having a party, a special cake and trying to order gifts with uncertain delivery times. 
I will always make time for Anne Brooke's weekly Tag challenge. You can view her demo each week on Youtube #52tagshannemade. Week 30 : A brooch. Keeping it fairly simple this week after the last couple of weeks which were quite time-consuming. I recycled a kilt pin from my old school uniform which mum somehow still had in her sewing box all these years later. I won't wear the brooch but I like how this attachment looks on the tag
Obviously no room for tying on my normal ribbons through the tag hole which has been covered in this instance. I didn't want to miss out though so just stitched the sari ribbon on the back so will show in the box
Took 2 photos of the box and can't decide which I like best. This project gives me joy from every aspect 💜
This link will take you to all of my posts about this challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Very creative and with the pin being from your old school uniform, very special as well! I remember that each year your winter holidays are just ending around the time our summer holidays are just beginning. Although being a school leaver, my son was turfed out at the end of April, getting ready for 6th form college. He's having a very long summer holiday this year. Happy 21st to your oldest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever you were to recycle the kilt pin. The tag turned out well. I see what you mean about the 2 pics of your collection- the one shows all those wonderful ribbons, but the second one illustrates the whole view of the project nicely. Enjoy the 21st celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see my collection photographed together in some way it renews my inspiration to continue

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...