Sunday, March 28, 2021

Wanderlust : Embrace the process

This was our last lesson for March on our theme of Serendipity : Week 12 with Mary Beth Shaw aka Stencil Girl
Our first lesson was to create 'parts' - We created serendipitous colour layers with tissue
I've bought a cheap silicone spatula from KMart to use for gluing - no more brushes being ruined. I just wipe it clean with a baby wipe or damp cloth between uses. 
Then I made little assemblages for collage fodder - I enjoy adding stitching to many of these.
Some learnings or good reminders : always art with paper beneath to get interesting pieces from bleed through or using up paint = lovely serendipitous pieces. 
Pull layers of paper serviettes apart easily using a piece of tape on each outer edge (seems so obvious but I never thought of it!)
Next up to create our journal spread. As Mary Beth suggested, I pulled out bits in a limited colour palette. First layers of collage from the underpapers
then more collage, including tissue layers, and paint. I've also started using old neutral scrap book papers for my underpaper. Hopefully I'll use them more with my own marks of colour added.
Mary Beth's style is very much about embracing the process of art journaling and to keep going until you are happy. I did just that and forgot to take process photos so that's a good sign that I had fun.

4 comments:

  1. Just a great combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love working with my mop-up sheets too and you could never make them look so random on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding unexpected magic in them as they are torn into smaller pieces

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...