Saturday, November 14, 2020

Book of Days : Self-portrait

I really wanted to do at least one page from a Book of Days lesson this month, and this one is a graphite transfer self-portrait designed to celebrate all of our proudest moments for the year. 2020 will be remembered by everyone as the year that COVID-19 came to New Zealand. For my family and me, it’s the year that I fought breast cancer and won! Last month some children at my school hosted a Pink Ribbon Fundraising week in support of the Breast Cancer Foundation New Zealand. It included a High Tea event where I was invited to speak to share my story and celebrate my positive outcome. I used this photo from that event for my journal page
This doesn't look like me but perhaps she is my inner wiser self. I don't love it and I don't hate it and I've completed a page in my art journal and played with paint today so calling it a win ♥
Effy's just released all the info about her collaborative year-long class Book of Days 2021 HERE. Registration opens 15th November (that's Monday NZ time) US$99 until December 31st, at which point it will go up to $120.
I've done Book of Days for the past 5 years. THIS LINK will take you to all the work I've ever done inspired by those lessons. 

9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a win for sure! What a lovely event, and you look well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so worth celebrating. Love your hair, Mine grew back curly and gray. Six years on it's still thicker and wavy but not curly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to get my curl back. It is thickening up but not enough length yet to curl

      Delete
  4. I just love that photo of you, Lynette - it's full of strength and positivity - courage and victory! The journal page is hard hitting as well - you've been through the trenches this past year and I wish you all the happiness going forward! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s good news Lyn but I had no idea this is what you were going through - I’ve always enjoyed your outlook on life and thankfully it’s set to continue - great photo too - hugs from the UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jacqui :-) Cheers to a lighter 2021 for us all xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...