Monday, October 28, 2019

Klimt in the garden with Rumi : October Gratitude

Full of gratitude today cos it's a bonus day off in New Zealand ♥ Despite waking with a migraine, I had my whole family home and we went out for a lovely lunch together. I also had extra time to myself today which I used to create this month's art card. First my gatherings and the Rumi quote for October. Quite often my cards will also reference or be inspired by the art I'm currently creating. I had some serviette left over from my last art journal spread, and loved the pinks and gold I used there. The little cardboard bird element also references that page. This fabric was on the top of my Klimt fabric pile from my gatherings last month which I did with my eyes shut and then used the selvedge only. Meant to be used this time I think. Effy used a goblet for her main image and that's also inspiring me as a starting point. 
Began with those gorgeous colours but using my Dylusions sprays - trying to encourage in a Summer Vibe....feels a long way from here on this wet and wild morning!
It worked - by the time we came back from lunch it was a lot warmer and the rain had cleared. This is trying first positions of elements and a goblet shape. I've torn my quote apart for more flexibility - something different from my other cards but it felt too much of a block the way I'd printed it initially.
I wasn't enjoying this so moved to a champagne flute shape - wanting to include that stencil somewhere. 
Initial machine stitching with purple metallic thread and paper elements glued down. Love that texture at the bottom
Added gold through that leafy stencil and also through punchinella for champagne bubbles
I always like to add some hand stitching as well - the x kisses are a common element across the series  
I decided to switch up to gold metallic thread to echo stitch the flute and for the edge stitching
The cards in this series are all backed with suitable toning fabric. This hides most of the stitching, although you can see I decided to echo the flute after doing the edge stitching. It's not too obtrusive
And here's the finished card for October
I took this photo of my other cards in this series last month. 
Click on it to see it larger.
See detail of each in my blog posts HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...