Sunday, May 21, 2017

Book of Days : May Queen - Autumn Splendour

After a planned hiatus with no lessons for April, Effy is back with session 2 of Book of Days which started beginning of May. I've finally managed to finish Week 1 - May Queen. Knew immediately that although our norther hemisphere friends are enjoying Spring and heading to Summer, in New Zealand we have been enjoying Autumn so my Queen's hair would be celebrating Autumn Splendour. 
Began with a layer of flesh coloured paint since I didn't have light coloured pencils. Then added pencil work
The white is acrylic paint (mix of transparent for blending and titanium for highlights) and the purple of her lips and eye highlights plus brown of her eyes I used watersoluble markers which I sealed with fixative before a layer of clear gesso to refine the face. 
And then time to move onto the hair. I did use watercolours but not working on actual watercolour paper so just wet it and added the watercolours and smooshed them with paint brush and thought they'll do as the lower layer. Some dabbing with paper towel and overlaying of colour worked quite well.
Then it was time to start doodling....started with leaves and decided that highlighting with white gives a hint of cooler temperatures to come
Printed a quote by Humbert Wolfe (but replaced the word October with Autumn) on appropriately coloured scrapbook paper. Then decided I would line the words up against the edge of the page so more room for doodles 
And here's the finished spread. Click on any photo to see it larger.
I really REALLY ♥ her - every piece of art I finish in this journal is my new favourite! See my Flickr album for all my art from classes with Effy HERESign up to Book of Days (Full Year or Session 2) or other classes with Effy Wild HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...