Friday, November 27, 2015

Week 47 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life project is HERE. 
So enjoying our challenges this month of stencils/stamps/masks, but felt like I needed a more inspiring start than a blank page this week so decided to glue down some under-paper, and then I saw her....
You can see her better now :
First up was to use a simple mask - I like using these scallopy ones cut freehand from an old cardboard file folder
Then I used the other part of that mask on the upper edge...I was a bit concerned that it was all looking a bit dark, and was thinking that she looked like she was being framed in a window, so I added white pen to the upper masked area (a bit like a lacey curtain) and also added some swipes of pink - dusk or dawn...
Really not sure what to do next, so grabbed another wee mask that I love (this is a Balzer Bits one) and moved it around the page. Seems this was the perfect place for it!
Now I'm thinking she's looking out on a garden, so I add a couple more stencils of a bird on a branch and lots of leaves
I needed a few more elements in the background, so used mainly gold and white to add more light to the page
and these found words needed to be here
You don't need to be constrained by the prompts given. In this case, I saw her as looking forward with hope to her future, not hiding behind a mask (journal prompt was "Mask-erade").
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.
Wishing you a lovely creative weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I love that organic look of your hand-cut scalloped mask! Sometimes hand-cut is better than anything you can buy commercially. Having said that, the butterfly mask looks amazing on your page as well! Lovely textures too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...