Saturday, March 2, 2024

February review

February review time. I'm happy to say I've continued to make time to be creative and I think my weekly card project is definitely helping that. #52cards2024 : to create a card that reflects the past week (ending Sunday). I must include stitch, the colour turquoise and a word. These are my February cards : 
More detail about the meanings posted on my Instagram and Facebook Artist's page.
This month's tutor in Fodder School 3 was Jennifer Wilkin Penick. I managed to make fodder in the first half of this month which I really enjoyed
Her project was an accordian book of collage. I just wasn't feeling like it's my style
, but then I saw some photos from a class that Anne Brooke recently taught, and I am inspired to think about combining paper and stitch...let you know if this happens in March.
In my January review I was hoping that I might finish my journal which I started as December Daily-ish and get back to working in my JIYA JournalI have been supported in both of these by the 30 day challenge part of "Love your (Imperfect) Letters" with Wendy Solganik who has been running a cohort for all those who have previously enrolled in this class.When I tried to do it on my own (purchased the class on special last year), I only got to day 4. I have completed day 9 so although "behind" I am still calling it a win since I am still going, and further on than last attempts. These are the spreads completed in each journal for February and I am loving what is happening. In my JIYA journal :  
 
I have now turned my December Daily-ish into my Summer journal, and as well as the lettering, I have learned from Wendy that it's okay to jump around in a journal to find the perfect page that inspires you in the moment. Hoping to get this one finished before the Autumn Equinox on 20th March.
I love Sarah Gardner's art - she's been a teacher in Fodder School 1 and we're going to see her again in Fodder School 3 in June. Clicking here will get you to the places on my blog where I've shared art inspired by her. She's also produced a fabulous book
She is currently advertising a new art journaling class through Willa Workshops called Love Your {Imperfect} Art Journal 
To launch it she's giving access to a FREE inspiration class : Accumulate, Curate and Store Magazine Images for your Art. It's available now until March 18 (or in the workshop if you join). I've already had a look at it and it is inspiring ♥ 
I also enjoy Brooke Henry's art - it's colourful and includes stitching. She is hosting a Free Week of Inspiration, Connection, and Creative Freedom. She calls it the BB Bash and you can find out all about it and register HERE. Videos go up 25-31 March and will be available to watch through April 6. 
It's been really busy being back at work with library lessons, selecting teams for an area kids' lit competition, and training up keen student librarians. In my spare time, as well as my art journal fun, I've still been reading and this was my favourite in Feb 
I'm also trying not to purchase many new supplies but we had a trip to Wellington and I thought I would share a couple of great places if you are able to get there. In central Welly, managed to get this calligraphy paper - 3 packs for $10 at Daiso
And in Petone - these paper cut-outs from Ellen Giggenbach. Love her art and you can buy online as well. 
I enjoy her calendar every year. 
Looking forward to seeing what March will bring creatively. I post more regularly on my Instagram and Facebook Artist's page

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful art as always, Lynette! Glad you are bursting with productivity and such pretty eye candy for us, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for continuing to visit and your lovely comments ♥

      Delete
  2. You have an impressive array of fodder from the February class, even though it hasn't made it into a journal yet. And your lettering- also impressive. What a happy surprise that lettering can be so creative, too. I enjoyed Sarah's freebie on magazines and have signed up for BB's class, too. Your shopping trip paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, I only just read this Feb post. I am watching the BB Bash videos and love them. Thanks so much for all the great leads you share. Have you ever paid for a course using Stripe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sue - the BB bash is indeed cool. No I don't know about Stripe. I have always done my overseas class purchases using a Paypal account. Never had any trouble with it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...