Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Pre-Christmas December review

It's getting closer to Christmas and I have a lot going on so thought I would publish an earlier review of my month so far and then I'm having a month off posting here. You may find me with some sneaky posts on my Instagram and Facebook Artist's page if I am excited to get something finished! But no promises.
December always means 3 birthdays in a row for my Mum, Mother-in-law and Aunty.
I've started my December Daily-ish journal. I started with the idea of combining 2 free offerings of Care December with Kasia Avery and Art Journal Advent 2023 with Raspberry Blue Sky and Tamara Kreativstudio. You can still join I believe and they are not completely orientated around the season so could be useful to use at other times. These were my initial gatherings
I started "late" and have only completed 10 prompts (and there are 19 out so far) but there is no behind. It's really about having prompts there to respond to when the mood takes me.
Paper cut out of KererÅ« (wood pigeon) by Ellen Giggenbach
I haven't stitched any of my pages inside a cover so I can add more if I wish and they are easily removable to stitch elements on too. And if I don't finish this in December, I can just continue on into January with this additional inspiration : 
This is the same concept as when I did Junk Journal July last year. Sign up HEREEach day throughout the month, watch a new video from 30 different creators on YouTube. I'm not back at work until the end of the month so hopefully I can fit this in but I have a large list of things I want to do this holidays!
Although I've moved schools this year, I still have student library helpers so I made another batch of bookmarks for a thank you. See my previous years' efforts here. Started with a rather messy base of stencils, sprays and paint. Often at this point I think I should have used less colours!
But then when they are cut up, top corners rounded, edged with black ink, and lovely fibre tassles added, they look quite different and the children loved them.
And to finish, I'm sure Caylee Grey of Get Messy won't mind if I share her Release & Return workbook
Focusing on your creativity, reflect on 2023, release that which no longer serves you, and return to your true self as you prepare for 2024. Make a plan for bringing things into your life that your heart wants.
Wishing you a season of love and creativity. Talk to you again in January.  

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, and I love the colors you chose to use in your journal! Enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynette, I'm in love with your journal pages, so beautiful. And such pretty card collages. And the bookmarks made up perfectly. So happy you've shared them with us. Happy Christmas and New Year to you and yours. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry merry to you as well. I appreciate your thoughtful comments ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...