Monday, June 20, 2022

Birthday Celebration Zine

In 2017 I was teaching this book form but I didn't know that catchy name Zine. 
Dina Wakley has a great demo of making these on YouTube and in my library community this great post from Christchurch City Libraries was shared recently. A Zine is a book you can make from one piece of paper.
This is my most recent version, inspired this month by a bonus lesson by Wendy Solganik in Fodder School and versions by Tiffany Sharpe. First to make collage master sheets.
Recently I managed to find this A3 pad of cheap watercolour paper.
It's 190 gsm weight so about double the weight of my printer paper, and I thought the size would be really useful for creating bases for cards and also for Zines since it's a lighter weight than normal watercolour paper so easier to fold down. By the way - worth a trip to Feilding from Palmerston North for art supplies - got the gold pens from Aotearoa Art Supplies (you can also order online), and the paper was from Dollar City - Top Cats Alley. Next to each other on Manchester Street.
Here are a couple of master sheets created with papers from fodder school lessons
If you're not part of fodder school, Wendy Solganik has a really cool course about a way to make collage master sheets and then turn them into tags which you can get free by signing up for her newsletter HERE
Step 2 - fold and cut
Adding stitch and words
Then folding it into a Zine and stitching - I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make lots of pockets for tags
In case it's not obvious, front of tags above, and backs below.
Celebrating my 55th birthday this month creatively 

4 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully. I love the master sheets from Fodder School. I have not done any yet, but yours are inspiring me to do so. Is it a celebration of your birthday? If so, happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so wonderful! I'm so glad you're having fun with fodder school - was definitely worth joining as you got so much out of it! Hope you're well, Lynette! Sending you friendly hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zsuzsa - I have joined Fodder School 2 cos it's been very worthwhile for me. Looking forward to July - school holidays and more creative time :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...