Sunday, September 12, 2021

Spring Reset and Free class links

In my part of New Zealand we are down to Alert Level 2. That means continued mask wearing in public spaces but the ability to see family and friends again. After a stormy end to the week, we have been blessed with sunshine again and yesterday was a trip to the Kapiti coast with a beach walk
Today we've been celebrating my nephew's 14th birthday. I am very grateful for having my immediate family so close.
With Spring in the air it's a time of new beginnings and I've been spending the rest of my weekend thinking about what's making me happy creatively. More and more I'm feeling like I'm doing some of the lessons in my art journals just because I bought the course for the year and I’m determined to finish. While I enjoy working in them once I start, I procrastinate about which lesson I want to try and I think it’s because I would rather stitch. I have no problem doing my weekly tag challenge. I've had the intention to include more stitch for the last few years, but it keeps getting lost. So what am I waiting for? 
I hereby give myself permission to not finish my current art journals. I can still watch the lessons for learning, but I will not work in my art journal unless I'm truly inspired and excited. My time to create is precious and I really want it to be time that is making me feel fulfilled and is heart led. From now on I hope to be sharing art projects that include more stitch and book making. With that in mind, I've made some new purchases that I'm very excited about : 
Wendy Solganik's Wonky Bits Class. I'm waiting for some supplies to arrive but I've watched all the lessons and have been inspired in all sorts of ways to include stitched bits in my work, although this is not what she demonstrates!
💜
I love Klimt and am so inspired by his art. When I saw these 10 stencils for sale as a bundle through Joggles I just had to have them. Even though I had to pay postage and convert to NZ dollars it makes the stencils only about NZ$12 each. 
Again, I have to wait a while for these to arrive but I have school holidays in 3 more weeks so should be perfect timing - fingers crossed. 
If you're seeking some new inspiration, I've found out about a couple of new Free offerings this month. Rae Missigman announced 5 videos across 5 days with 5 Superstars through StencilGirl beginning 13th September.
Videos coming from Carolyn Dube, Seth Apter, Rae Missigman, Lucie Duclos, and Traci Bautista only available to watch for a limited time. Sign up to the Stencil Girl newsletter The Scoop! - the link's on the blog HERE. Or if, like me, you're already a subscriber, go to your Stencil Girl Studio dashboard and click on All Courses to find the link to this Free offering. 
Coming later this month - 2 weeks of Free taster sessions for Life Book 2022! Sign up for them HERE
I hope that the sun is shining wherever you are and that you have time to create with joy.

2 comments:

  1. Those stencils really are something to look forward to- very nice! Your stitching goal is really a positive step toward book making fun. I signed up for the Fodder School offered by Willa/Wendy and others. Thanks for the link to the stencil series. Already signed up for the Lifebook one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...