Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Stay True

I LOVE stenciling. It's one of my go-to techniques when I start a page, when I get stuck or when I just need a final finishing touch. I recently taught a stencil technique class (share that with you at a slightly later date) and worked my demo straight into my current altered art journal. This is what I ended up with by the end of the night : 
Though there had been no plan, I immediately saw a face shape on the left page and sketched her with my black Stabilo All watersoluble pencil
I knew I wanted to hide that bold writing with some darker stenciling with the intention of adding a lovely mandala stencil over the top 
At this point I am loving her, but the spread still needed a couple of days before I was led to add some words
and some more gold stencils for the finish
So happy with the final result. 

5 comments:

  1. It's such an interesting spread to look at- so many elements. I'll look forward to your sharing on the stenciling class demo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy - it was a fun class. Just takes a bit to collate into blog post...2 weeks of holidays for me starting Saturday :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. When I stencil, I tend to end up with chaos, but you always manage to find that fine balance and create great textures!

      Delete
    2. Thanks both of you. I'm really happy with this. Can't imagine creating a page without it including some stenciling. This is pretty much all stencil except for the face. Lots to enjoy ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...