Thursday, July 18, 2019

Baby Quilt

My friend asked me if I knew someone who could turn her purchased quilt panel into a quilt for her grandson and since she's a special friend (and it will be small!) I said I would do it. I began working on it in our last school holidays when I went into my stash to see what fabrics might work
I decided I had what was needed and only had to purchase the backing fabric
This red stripe perfectly sets off the centre
but I had instructions that the parents like muted colours so kept it soft with the rest
and thought simple squares were best to highlight the lovely panel. 
And now it's school holidays again and it became my priority project. I kept the quilting simple too - crossing through the squares
and outlining of the centre panel rectangles
I attached the binding next
But after looking at it the next day, decided I needed a little more quilting in the centre panel. I had used a lovely variegated blue for the main quilting with cream in the bobbin
and decided to just use cream to outline the main shapes so it doesn't detract from the loveliness of the panel 
The finished quilt measures 35 x 42 inches (that's 89 x 106.5 cm).
Given to my friend today so she can deliver it with love to her grandson and his family who live by the sea ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...