Sunday, April 14, 2019

More magazine makeovers

I shared HERE that I'd joined Alisa's new magazine makeovers class. It's 3 large lessons and she is a fantastic teacher - I have done a number of her classes and am always inspired by what she has to share. I have learned about adding lettering, about leaving some space on the page, the power of repetition, about doodling directly on the magazine page, as well as adding both paint and collage. You need to join the class (now US$30) HERE if you want to find out more about these techniques. Although you may have seen photos of this spread in my March review, I've realised that I hadn't done an actual post of how these next pages developed in my recycled face journal. I'd already added the paint before I began this class.
Each photo is a day's progress. Shine is my word of the year.
Love taking the progress photos and then seeing the comparison of before and after.
Hope you have the energy and time to fit some creativity into your weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Well, you know I love these! I like how you've used color in your makeovers. And you've reminded me- I need to take before and after photos. I have doodled, painted, written, and more on several of these pages, but have not taken a before photo. I'll try to remember to do that now. Your pages are stunning. Will share some of mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nancy :-) Lovely feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely patterns! I can see how therapeutic and relaxing this can be - a bit like zentangle just with an edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zsuzsa - yes exactly. Very meditative ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...