Thursday, February 7, 2019

Moonshine : New Moon February

New Moons are for setting intentions. I'm thinking about nourishing my body (food as fuel), and how I can nurture my Inner Wild Child. Above some of my original gatherings - a photo of me and a dress tag - not included in the end but how perfect ♥ Will have to use it in a future spread. I was inspired by the memory of a page created in my art journal from 2015 using paint over collage and a printed photo of me as a child
I was also thinking about self-portraits....This is the result of those combined inspirations. I began with a lovely background of my favourite colours and a photo of myself (posed for this page) printed on copy paper for the paint over collage technique.
The angle of my original wasn't quite right so I added more hair and made the eyes larger and reframed the mouth so not open....I still know it's me under there!
Love adding paper serviettes as collage elements in my art. 
And this is my spread all finished - loving the colours ♥
You can find out more about Moonshine with Effy Wild HERE.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet page, holding your inner child! The one you did in 2015 is very touching as well. It's hard to believe that the children we used to be are still us - we just transformed along the way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Zsuzsa. I'm really happy with how it turned out and it's important to remember our inner child isn't it? ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...