Thursday, January 24, 2019

Moonshine : Full Moon Gratitude

My next spread in my art journal this year is inspired by the first two lessons in Effy's Moonshine class. Full Moon is for being with what is - to celebrate/express gratitude for what has come to fruition or to acknowledge something being good/right in my life. For me at the moment I have enormous gratitude for my holiday time to be creative, all the beautiful ways in which my year has started, and the wonderful scent and look of the stem of Lilies my mum gave me which are sitting on my dining room table ♥
Because I am working in an old book, the pages have a browner tinge than I am used to. For this lesson I wanted to go light so began by brayering on some gesso. I hope some of the text still shows through by the time I've completed the spread.
I began with yellow for our summer sunshine and tore some favourite Tim Holtz tissue since it includes butterflies (a recurring symbol for me) as well as words about memory and travel, before brayering fine silver over it all
Time to add the blood moon and masked lily shapes
Detailing added to lilies by lining with white ink applied with fantastix, followed by dots with posca and finished with gold uniball signo
While thinking about how to finish the page, I sprayed it with workable fixative so that gold pen doesn't move with any future additions
I think I need a little more background stencil detail, maybe some splatter, 
and definitely some words....I decided to cut words out of the lovely poem by Victoria Erickson that I shared when I explained about my word for 2019.
Here's my completed spread - in gratitude ♥
You can join Moonshine or any of Effy's other 2019 offerings HERE

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...