and includes my usual monthly review of what I read and watched (heavy on the watching this month cos of the illness)
Note that I never finish anything I'm not enjoying (although "The Bluest Eye" is a confronting read) and I really liked everything I watched. We are new to "Doctor Who" so are trying it out by watching some episodes as recommended HERE.
I wanted to stitch more and as a result began my #100daysofstitch project. Click that link to read all about it. I've already completed a couple of projects
I'm quarter of the way through the challenge and doing weekly updates every Thursday. I had a break from #52stamps in April, and I now don't think I'll return until my stitch challenge is done (due to finish sometime in July, unless I decide that 50 days is enough to re-establish my stitching habit!). I am feeling really good about being in control of the projects instead of feeling like they are driving my practice.
These are my creative intentions for May :
- to continue my stitch challenge
- Looking forward to a couple of days out : Tote & Gloat annual quilt show and a creative play day with friends
- continuing to do daily journaling in my Inner Work Journal
- BOD is back after April's hiatus and I would really like to challenge myself to complete the weekly lessons plus catch up on a few I've missed
- and of course it would be great if I could make some other art from the many classes I'm signed up for!!
And in the interests of being realistic - trying to get my head around the busy that I'm already committed to, and sharing "All of Me" - this also has to happen :
- watching my boys play basketball (and get them to their practices - 2 boys, 4 teams between them - this is a commitment ♥)
- I'm back at work and taking weekly lunchtime craft club again this term - we are making neonatal quilts so will share the results of that - AND it's book week in Week 4 (time to dress up again)
- I am looking forward to improving my focus on health this month, supported by this journal which I made the altered cover for in April.
What are your creative intentions for May? If you are looking for some new online classes, these are my current temptations!
I ♥ Laura Horn's art and am interested in how she combines watercolour with other media. This is her first online class. Starts 1st May.
I have always been interested in the concept of Tam's "Ever After" class. This is the third year - it's a collaborative course (many fab teachers) and has a Fairytale theme AND focus on how to develop your own style.
Read all about this year's offering HERE. There's currently a blog hop with giveaway opportunities going on - details HERE. Registrations open May 15th and class begins July 1st.
And just one more :"The Art of Sisterhood - rise above, shine your light"Read all about it HERE. Another collaborative - and I love the subtitle since it includes my word of the year SHINE ♥ Class opens May 7th.
Hope something there to inspire you. Talk to you soon.