Saturday, February 24, 2018

Book of Days : One Line Portrait

I've been looking forward to this lesson ever since Effy shared her first one-line-portrait as part of a flip through of her moleskine daily planner.
It's a fun technique which allows you to create a wonky, whimsical portrait - the emphasis is on loosening up and enjoying the process. I began on a page in my altered art journal which already had some messy drippage from previous lessons and drew my one-line portrait. I used a Frixion pen which has an eraser but can also be removed by heat.
Then added watercolour in the form of Twinkling H2Os - my paper is just thick old book paper, but I lightly spritzed the page with water before I started and am happy with how the colours behaved.
It's so soft and pretty I'm going to try not to lose that as I add other details. In fact this was where I got to with pencils and pens and little else....I love her ♥
Then it was time to add words. I was very moved by Kelly Rae Roberts' recent Permission granted post which felt like it was written just for me...
I am grieving and I feel so grateful to have art as medicine, an escape, something to delight my spirit, to give me joy, to let me shine, to play, restore and rest. Isn't the glisten of the twinkling H2Os lovely?
I gave myself permission on this page to be real and to embrace the imperfection here {even when my black ink pad fell on the face and I had to take a bit of paint corrective action! sheesh}. 
You can sign up for this and other classes by Effy Wild HERE. See my Flickr album of all art work inspired by Effy's classes HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...