Thursday, November 30, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 48

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 48 : depict gratitude in a creative way And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : 
Prompt: To create an abstract piece
Technique: To apply the colour wheel and freedom!
I have just had a wonderful creative weekend away with a friend (see my last post). It made me think about all the things I am grateful for : 
My friendships, and that I live within half an hour of the beach
for roses - their colour and their perfume
for the gift of creativity, for my gorgeous family, for sunshine and the coming Summer holidays and for online community sharing like this Life Documented project ♥ I decided to use that list to depict gratitude in a creative way in my abstract spread. Here's how that happened. 
Gorgeous hot colour sprayed freely through stencils (apply the colour wheel and freedom). I am grateful for the love of my family and friends : 
I am grateful for roses - I love the depth of colour of this (below) and part of the quote from my weekend where we saw abundant roses and enjoyed their fragrance in the sunshine
I am grateful for the beach, and for sunshine and the coming Summer 
I am grateful for the gift of creativity and the inspiration of the Documented Life project over the years and the supportive online community - the butterfly is a recurring symbol in my art. I am grateful for my artistic growth.
I know I have a few elements that are not strictly "abstract" but the finished spread makes me very happy. 
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE. See you in December!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely, and glorious,, thank you- Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use my work email Alice.Pitt@whitireia.ac.nz, and your blog was shared by my wonderful work buddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Alice - glad you visited :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...