Monday, September 25, 2017

Daily Journaling Week 38

I'm following the prompts of the original Documented Life 2014Week 38 : Draw, paint, doodle or sketch a feather on your page...or add a real one
And from the blog for Life Documented 2017 HERE : 
Prompt: Use very basic supplies to create an art journal page, focusing on technique, not art supplies.
Technique: Use paper and scissors to create your own circles, or any other shapes that make you happiest.
Since I included a stamped/doodled feather in my previous week's spread, I was inspired to include a real peacock feather this week - it informed my stencil and colour choices. My basic supplies this week : stencils, paints and sprays
I decided to focus on techniques applied to stencils this week. First up acrylic paint wiped off with baby wipe through stencil
It's fun to play with different sizes of the same design. Below you can see spray through the larger leaf stencil on the right, printed to the left
Repeated technique below with a darker purple - sprayed through on the left, printed on the right
Then I sponged iridescent paint through the larger version of the feather stencil
Inspired by the gorgeousness of this on the top right hand page (click on any photo to see it even larger ♥)
Found words added
And finally my real feather stapled on - I love the mix of hard and soft
Here's my final spread - these shapes make me happy, and layering stencils is such a simple technique, but can have such a lovely effect
You can see all my posts about this project HERE and my Flickr album HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this immediately caught my eye! I very rarely use a bright yellow like that, but boy does it work with the dark stencilling over it! And guess what - I've just got some of those peacock feathers too. It matches your page perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided to use it for the promise of light - have used gold as a base layer at times also to lovely effect. Glad to use that feather - it was waiting for the perfect project :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...