Saturday, March 5, 2016

Daily journaling and Inspirations

I've completed another Daily Journal spread and thought I'd share my inspiration checklist in case you want to start doing a daily journal. 
  • Join DLP 2016 - although they've gone back to planners this year, I really ♥ the idea of their pocket art cards, and think I will try & make them a weekly challenge. Go HERE for more of that. I've also been inspired by their ListTEN and bonus techniques. See my blogpost about this List and pocket (the front of which is a PAC) HERE.
  • Include sketches/doodles from classes that you're not sure where to keep! Like this.
  • Find a place for your pretty experimental bits eg. Gelli plate prints and tape
  • Glue in lovely cards or art pieces that people have sent you
  • Write down or take a photograph of what you're reading/watching/wearing
  • If you're doing Life Book (or some other online class) and are not inspired by all aspects of the week's lesson, try a piece of it smaller - I did this with my Quirky Bird, and have only had one little play with 5 minute flowers (see my previous post)
  • Have fun with different kinds of backgrounds eg. underpaper, gelli printing on deli paper, sprays and stencils
  • and try different ways of heading your entries
  • and separating your entries
  • test out new supplies
  • Be inspired by other class prompts eg.Check out this week's Journal 52 prompt (or previous weeks - no-one says they have to be in order) and remember, you don't have to be creating a whole journal page with these....
  • Look back at Documented Life 2014 weekly prompts 
  • See what Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's been doing in hers - Free tutorials HERE
  • Just discovered another FREE online journal class of weekly prompts HERE
    Read the intro HERE. Added it to my list of Cheap and Free online art classes HERE - always available through the link top right in my side bar.
And here's my completed spread - click on the photo to see it larger.
You can see my Flickr album with all my daily journaling spreads HERE. You can find out more about DLP 2016 the unPlanner HERE.

1 comment:

  1. That's a brilliant run down of ideas, Lynette, and an awesome spread in your planner! I'm almost regretting not signing up for DLP this year, but I've over-committed myself already! I really like the pocket art cards idea too! Will keep it in mind for next year! Have a lovely weekend! Thanks for visiting earlier!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...