Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 37 : DLP 2015

Information about the FREE weekly Documented Life project is HERE. Last week's challenge was :
The main focus of this challenge was on using various software apps to manipulate photos with different effects and digital design. The featured artist was Susan Tuttle who creates beautiful effects - that link is worth checking if you are interested in having a play with that idea. At present my use of digital design is merely in having my images on my computer to be able to print in different formats...I enjoyed the transparencies I used for last week's challenge (see my previous post) and was inspired by the "what makes your heart sing?" part of the challenge so went ahead and printed off some transparent images. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of what makes my heart sing is the beach, so this was the first photo I printed :
Art makes my heart sing, Klimt being one of my favourite artists, and a great deal of my own art includes butterflies. I started by layering the transparencies over each other, but nothing was clicking, so I turned to creating with other things that make my heart sing : stencils and swirls - inspired by the beach photo above
Loving that and immediately inspired to add my 2 other transparency images and my weekly journaling block with gold pen (click on any photo to see it larger)
I also love layering - serviettes and paint in Klimt-inspired shapes came next
followed by tape and ribbon
Texture makes my heart sing, and doodles add more layers and pull the Klimt inspiration right across the spread
And now I've created an art journal spread that makes my heart sing with happiness when I look at it - challenge answered :-)
Click on the photo to enjoy it larger or see it in the Flickr album I've created for all my Documented Life 2015 spreads HERE. You can see all my posts about this project HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Love your planner style pages Lynette! I'm a DLP drop-out this year but next year I will try to do a planner like yours. I've even got the journal for it! Thank for visiting my blog - I'll keep my eyes open for your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...