At the beginning of January I had only 3 things on my to-do list...the list is longer now.
1. Gran's 100th birthday present - 1/2 way there...one week until deadline
2. Needlecase - have found a really cool idea here which is making me want to start this soon
3. I have succumbed to making another art journal...tune in for more tomorrow.4."Mixed Media Melange" online workshop - begins 28/1 (can't wait) - more tempting pic's of what we will be doing here
5. Complete "Simply Delicious" quilt - I now have a deadline for this - our local club has an annual show day ("Tote and Glote") which I will aim for - Saturday 7th May. We always have a speaker there and this year are lucky enough to have Yvonne Brown. Her work is lovely, so I am sure she will be a treat. If you have access to back issues of Quilting Arts magazine, check her out in Winter 2005 : Issue 20. And that leads me naturally to
6. Celtic Cutwork Workshop with Yvonne Brown on Monday 9th May. Hoping I will get to do this one. Click here to go to examples in the gallery on her website.
Some blog love to keep you occupied until tomorrow :-)
This post reminded me that making a book for trying out new techniques will probably make it onto my To-Do List before the end of the year!
Cas Holmes -- gorgeous work. She has a book out which I can't wait to see "The Found Object in Textile Art"
Beautiful books made by Jill Taylor here and also here in the style of Frances Pickering
Thanks to Lisa for this link to Terri Stigmiller on Flickr and in turn to her art quilt website
See you again soon