Sunday, July 23, 2023

Junk Journal July : Part 2

I shared the first part of my response to Junk Journal July 2023 in my previous post. I was inspired by the small accordian format - mine measures 15cm high x 12 cm wide for no other reason than because I had some old board covers that were that measurement. 
Although I started a week late, I got myself into a rhythm with this challenge while on holiday so decided to post after the first 11 prompts
Following that post I went away for another weekend and that kept the momentum going and even with me starting a new job last week I managed to only slide a few days behind. Completed one side and heading back the other way now.
This is Prompts 12-20. 
The details prompt included some hand stitched french knots in the flower. 
Maximalism (below) - layered patterned collage papers, papers coloured by me using different techniques, paint through stencils, paint pen marks, tag with ribbon, washi tape, words and a double-page spread!
Then turn the cover and have Pause - one of my favourite supplies is stencils
I liked having the juxtaposition here of the fold out interactive and the more secret envelope
I am a couple of prompts behind but enjoying what each new prompt suggests to me, so I'm not feeling pressured to push on when I'm not inspired. See the playlist of prompts and demos on youtube here

2 comments:

  1. So much to look at in your journal. Lovely work and good job at keeping up despite a new job and travels. This just really has it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...