Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Combining Fodder School Lessons

In my previous post, I shared that I made some master sheets from our May Fodder School lessons with Tiffany Sharpe and 
I then enjoyed watching cool lessons in June with Karen Elaine about making a blizzard book. I've managed to find time this holidays to combine both ideas into one finished project for me. First a reminder that the master sheets started like this
I am always thrilled by the magic of how they look when you cut them into smaller pieces
And then you add extra bits to make each special. I was sorting through ideas for focal points and found some botanicals from a lesson with Tiffany in Fodder School 1 which worked so well. The beauty of working across years with similar colour palettes...
Normally I would add words, but these feel finished as they are and on the back I just brayered some colour 
Karen Elaine taught us a blizzard book form which creates pockets for cards. I made my pages using some wrapping paper
Then a cover with a belt to close
It's a really useful book form to have learned, and fits in my hand - only  14cm high x 9 cm wide.
Fodder School 2 continues until September (you can still join FS 1 and/or 2 here), and there is going to be a Fodder School 3 with new teachers. There's a Free Fodder Challenge in July to meet them. One new lesson will drop into the classroom each day from July 10 for 12 days. You will have free access to these lessons until August 4, 2023. (Fodder School 3 students will receive "lifetime" access to all Fodder Challenge 2023 lessons.) Register HERE. Might see you there.

2 comments:

  1. And it all comes together! Combining lessons- That's just one of the great things about Fodder School. I like the idea of using gift wrap for your book and the cover colors are lovely. I'm in for the free challenge session.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am looking forward to the free challenges too. I have also started a new journal for Junk Journal July and hoping that it might serve both purposes.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...