Thursday, July 6, 2023

Down the garden path : stitched roll finished

2 blog posts in 2 days! I knew that having school holidays would enable me to get some things finished.
I have loved Roxy's Journal of Stitchery Vol 3. It's been a 6-month stitched roll challenge and since it's now finished I thought I'd share all of my photos and a video in one post.
January : the beginning
Wild flowers and Garden gate
February : Vegetable garden and Garden shed 
March : Pots of flowers and Visitors to the garden
There was an extra week in March so time to add one more garden visitor - I finally found the perfect addition for behind my garden gate. I'd been exploring photo alteration in a class with Jane Chipp and decided that my own dear mum would be perfect behind my gate.
Details of the method used here

May : Pond (April prompt but I was late!) and Tree
Favourite flowers - embroidered ribbon gifted by a friend, a piece of my great grandmother's lace, roses and a pohutukawa. 
June : Bird house - with the addition of a cute bird pin gifted for my birthday
Finish as you wish. I wanted to include a few more fun layered flowers, plus the sweet fantail print which is cut from a gifted cotton tea towel!
Finishing with words to remember when I did this and then attached it to the spool
With a tie closure at the front using my beloved sari ribbon (don't think I can do a fibre project without using it ♥) The button was made by me many years ago from polymer clay.
I did not back the roll with fabric, because the stitching on the back is mostly neat enough
And here's a video so you can see how it unwinds
All the prompts and instructional videos from the challenge remain here on YouTube if you want to join in at any time.  

4 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...