Saturday, August 28, 2021

A Year of Mary : Pay attention

I love Effy Wild's "A Year of Mary" monthly lessons and am having a bit of a catch-up. I've been picking my lessons using a random number generator. It's time for August's lesson and Effy used Autumnal colours but encouraged us to use colours that are reflective of our situation. We are still officially in Winter here in New Zealand but are being blessed with some gorgeous days of sunshine to hint at Spring....also my Magnolia is starting to bloom which always makes me want to use pink. 
This was a layered technique using glazes or washes of colour over white doodles. I used white ink for mine and they faded into my watercolour background.
But I love the look with my glazes added over the top - these paints are fluid acrylics and for this technique I just used a few drops of colour with water added to give more transparency
I took a photo of her to use as a print on future cards before I added the quote
And here's the finished spread - I was thrilled to find the gold rub-on letters in my stash.
Effy Wild is doing "A Year of Mary" as a monthly lesson exclusively on her Patreon at the $5 (speed painting) or $10 (full length tutorial and PDF) per month levels. Lessons are released mid-month. See all my art from this class HERE.

4 comments:

  1. The glazes did make a big difference in the look of your background. Gold lettering is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the gold pen in the background made subtle difference too.

      Delete
  2. I remember your beautiful magnolia tree from an earlier post a few years ago. In fact, you inspired me to get one - ours is white and still quite small but has lots of buds developing for next spring. The pink tones in your journal match the colours in those blooms! Just wonderful! So exciting that you have Spring on the way - me, I'm looking forward to autumn colours appearing soon! Each season has it's wonders - I realise we repeat saying that every year LOL, but it's so true! Enjoy your week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my magnolia is always a joy - blooms just as we get the Spring winds!! Still gorgeous. Enjoying warmer days already. Happy Autumn to you xo

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...