Saturday, April 25, 2020

Autumn Advent Journal : Days 16-19

Sharing progress in my handmade book for April. That link will give you the background to this project. I am working with a limited colour palette and I will try and include stitching, sari ribbon and stencils on each spread. Click on any photo to see it larger.
Prompt 16 : Remember your colour palette A chance to play with favourite elements
Prompt 17 : The ways you bring this season into your home Daylight savings has ended so it's time to start slowing down at night - lighting candles - layering up - adding light to dark corners.
Prompt 18 : Gratefulness So much to be grateful for in the face of current challenges. I am most grateful every day for the lovely relationship I have with the people in my bubble and also how lucky I am to be a Kiwi. Printed a favourite quote onto my page and then surrounded it with NZ elements. 
Prompt 19 : Gifts you can give without spending money Spending time together to create lovely memories, listening carefully, telling people you love them, and reminding others of what you value about them. Couldn't believe my luck when I found this very cool couple with face masks in an old magazine!
It's ANZAC day in New Zealand today. I completed the above page today and added the poppy tape to honour that. Because we are in lockdown, New Zealanders were encouraged to assemble at the end of their driveways at 6am. My husband took his trombone out and played the last post. It was very moving and we felt connected though apart as we saw others standing outside their properties and heard the echoes of other instruments playing in their own areas. 
You may notice I've switched to Prompt instead of Day...crazily I was feeling anxious that I was 'getting behind'. Since there are only 24 prompts in this class I'm better doing them when I feel like it instead of pushing myself for daily. This way I'll finish near the end of the month and I'll have time to do my cover too. To see other spreads in this project scroll through my April posts. 

2 comments:

  1. Your collage work is really appealing. This month's book will be a treasure. Prompt vs Day- yes, I can see why that makes a difference. It's odd how we put pressure on ourselves to "not get behind". I am doing a study and keep looking ahead as I am 8 days "behind"- though it is a self-paced study!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. The prompts seem to 'need' a collage response for me, although I've seen other interpretations without. Good luck with your study :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...