Saturday, April 18, 2020

Autumn Advent Journal : Days 10-15

Sharing progress in my handmade book for April. That link will give you the background to this project. I am working with a limited colour palette and I will try and include stitching, sari ribbon and stencils on each spread. In the photo above you'll see I've had to split the spine of my book now because the pages have got too deep to fit. I was expecting this and will share my process for finishing the cover at the end of this project.
Day 10 : Simplicity I have been cleaning off some remainder paint onto a couple of pages so the "simplest" thing is to use one of these prepared pages 
I'd just been watching Dina Wakley demo about white space - check it out HERE. Very good - and lots more than just white space. 
White space does not have to be white... My Simplicity page was not simple for me! It still doesn't feel finished to my eye but I'm leaving this as a learning experiment
Day 11 : Random acts of kindness Thinking about speaking kindly - I try and give compliments and words of encouragement as often as possible. If you think something nice about someone why not say it out loud?
Day 12 : Senses Hearing native birdsong - Tasting homemade food - Seeing Autumn colour - Smelling late roses - creating a tactile page that begs to be Touched : waxed butterfly paper, sari ribbon, a soft feather hand stitched, machine stitched leaves, hand coloured crumpled brown paper, and a gold doily.
Day 13 : Express your character with collage I love butterflies, the beach, being a Kiwi, music, found words, roses, paper and stitch, colour, trim lattes, reading, arting and I always try to SHINE
Day 14 : Doodling mindfully Fun to spread paint around and prepared the other side at the same time...hope it won't be covered up with another collage prompt!
I at first used a Uniball white pen but I didn't like what I did and I was able to remove it with a baby white the next day! I did re-apply my dark green paint through the stencil. This time I've used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen and followed the guidance for this prompt to be completely focused and enjoy the process.
Day 15 : Kindness to people not close to your heart. 
To see other pages in this project scroll through my April posts.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...