Monday, December 30, 2019

Klimt in the garden with Rumi : Last of this series

I have adored this year-long monthly project. See how I began HERE with an idea to fill my mixed media Klimt in the Garden Collaged Box with art cards inspired by Effy's A Year of Rumi prompts. I think you can still sign up for this although my cards are no indication of the art you'll find there, only the quotes used.
The cards begin as 300gsm watercolour paper cut to 5 3/4" square. This last prompt once again needs a candle. I did one for August, so need to create this in a different way. I dug through my box of gatherings for this project and was immediately inspired by my samples of painted fusible together with this lovely piece of polymer clay and a gorgeous Tyvek bead originally made by Carolyn Saxby and gifted to me by a friend. Using that paper cast would be cool too if I can manage it. 
First I need a background layer and I love the glow that comes when I start with gold. Then I tried my layout. Working this small is a challenge every time. I think I can include all the elements I want though. 
I always put a meaningful backing fabric on the back of my finished cards. This black with gold seems appropriate for the festive season but also a tinge of sadness that this is the end. I decided to use one of those heart samples for the label
I thought the paper cast was going to have to count as my garden element this time, but then I was able to add a sweet seed head stamp with Staz On ink and even managed to sneak in a butterfly. I love the final result.  
I've managed to include sari ribbon and hand stitched elements on most of my cards, and metallic machine stitching on all. It's so lovely to see them all together. Click on the photos to see them larger.
You can see the entire series in my Flickr photo set or look through my blog posts HERE. I will definitely have to pursue another mixed media fibre project next year. 

8 comments:

  1. I have loved this series so much. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an appealing box full of arty treasures! Happy and healthy 2020. Here's to another year of learning and exploring art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have discovered your blog through the FB Wilderhood group. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary. That makes me very happy ♥

      Delete
  4. These are simply amazing! A labour of love but so worth it. Will be interesting to see what you come up with next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zsuzsa. It's been a highlight of the year for me

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...