Thursday, December 27, 2018

Doodled Magazine Faces

I've completed another couple of doodled girls - white pen work over recycled magazine faces...at least that was how these started. These progress photos show how they developed through my #arteveryday practice. 
Was thinking about adding a wash of colour to her garment but instead decided to use a moonlight pen in her hair....forgot that I hadn't given any treatment to her face and didn't like what I initially did on the mouth so had to add extra there! Oh well - it's all learning and I don't hate it (but I don't love it!)
Wash of colour over her garment = a tragedy averted cos I realised quickly that the pen I am using (uniball signo) is not waterproof! Wiped off and re-did the white pen work. To do that technique (which I did to such lovely effect HERE) you must use a waterproof pen like a sharpie paint pen. I do like how I am experimenting a bit more and learning along the way....Decided to go all out with colour using more moonlight pens for a big finish!!
I love taking the process photos and seeing how these evolve and the spread is transformed from the original glued magazine pictures
These have value for the meditative process of doing them no matter how they might turn out. I never know at the start how they will look finished! See all my recycled doodle journal art HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I can see why these are meditative, and you've done a lot of pen work on each one. Every time I see your magazine faces it reminds me that I've taken the class, I have the paint pens and supplies, and I need to do this! Did you see that Alisa Burke is offering another magazine makeover class coming up in 2019? I think it begins in March. I signed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy - I've never taken a class on this but definitely inspired by having seen Alisa's work. Will look forward to seeing what you do. I am doing everything I can NOT to sign up for any more classes!
    ....that Gelli journal class with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer also has some great ideas about doodling. I'm not all the way through watching that yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...