Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sharing

Back into the last term at school - back to homework, and cricket starting on Saturday, and Touch Rugby on Monday nights. Only 7 weeks after this one til the end of the school year so Christmas is going to come quickly....have got a little bit behind with my card-making this week, so cards  25 & 26 (which keeps me up to date until yesterday) are a bit similar.
I used my lovely new swirly tree stamp with Opals embossing enamel to give it that lovely dimensional gold look. Once again the stars are made a la Ruth Rae - sheer stitched over old book pages.
After our lovely book-making playday my friend Philippa has become reinspired and started creating some beautiful  "pocket poems"
These are her gifts for me - "White on White" chosen by her
and "Green spaces" chosen by me (I so loved the poem contained inside)
Isn't it cool how different looks can be achieved from that same tree stamp?
Each cover contains 1 original poem by her inside that folds out.
So love to share creative ideas and see how they lead to new & wonderful creations by others :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards you've made Lynette - you have an amazing output!
    Was the sirly tree one of the stamps you bought on your Napier trip earlier on??

    You will be well and truly prepared for Christmas at the rate you're going!

    Shane xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards again. And I love the idea of pocket poems.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...