Tuesday, January 30, 2024

January review : Cards

January is always project heavy because I'm on holidays from my school job and I can work late into the night with long daylight hours. Decided that I would pop in with this card review post so my general January review post tomorrow isn't so big! 
I finished my last card from the 12 backgrounds I made back in August. 
They served me well and I thought it would be fun to see all the bases and then completed cards as a collection (scroll back through this link to see my card posts with them larger)
I also had some leftover card from making the bookmarks for my librarians
Combined with floral fodder from November that gave me another 7 cards to choose from for early January birthdays.
It really pays to be creative with what you have. I had some that I had to cut smaller than I usually would, but I actually like them framed with more white showing. Always making new discoveries. 
I then wanted to try out a new background idea and recycled collage fodder from old calendars.
As is my usual practice, I created a couple of base master sheets that were then cut down and stitched to card blanks.
I also went rogue and tried one new stencil from Leaca Young.
I am well set up for the first few months of the year. When I need to make more I may experiment more with this stencil idea.
This month's tutor in Fodder School 3 was Megan Quinlan with a wonderful project of Affirmation decks. See my full post about my deck of "Advice from the Sea" HERE.
I LOVE creating art cards and that project inspired me to create my own 52 Cards 2024 challenge for the year. Read about the beginnings HERE. My own rules : I must include stitch, the colour turquoise and a word. 
I have posted details about the meanings as I share them weekly on my Instagram and Facebook Artist's page.
Be back tomorrow with my review of what else I've been up to in January. 

2 comments:

  1. All the gorgeous eye candy! Love all you've made, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks so much. Really happy with my creative groove at present ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...