Friday, January 26, 2024

Advice from the Sea

This month's tutor in 
Fodder School 3 was Megan Quinlan with a wonderful project of Affirmation decks. See a wee flip through on her Instagram.  My deck is called "Advice from the Sea". I first created backgrounds and collage papers
My cards measure 6.5 x 4" because I could cut 6 of this size from each of my base pages to fit in the box I altered. I began with deciding on my quotes and printing them out so they were there for inspiration as I created my cards
I altered a recycled box using some of my collage papers. It's very handy that it has a magnetised side closure.
Back view of the box face down
Used my typewriter to type the quotes onto one of my collage papers, then I cut out and inked the edges before gluing down.
 
Backed with oceans and seas from a map book
Stitching the edges and adding a little glitter in just a few places completed my cards. 
I really love them

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fab assortment of creativity! Love the upcycled box too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I loved this project from start to finish

      Delete
  2. Wasn't this a fun one? My cards are still in progress. I love your theme and color palette. And of course stitching brings it next level! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. So glad I added the stitching. Look forward to seeing yours :-)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...