Friday, May 7, 2021

52 Tags : Week 18

I'm participating in Anne Brooke's weekly Tag challenge. You can view her demo each week on Youtube #52tagshannemade. Got my colour scheme sorted before I began this week thanks to Anne's challenge in Week 17 to look for colours we haven't used much so far and purple's a favourite that I haven't used a lot. Week 18 : Tiny paper piecing. Anne used shapes measuring 1.4cm across! My tag is bigger so I've done mine 2.5cm across. Paper-pieced hexagons like this are traditionally used to make a pattern called Grandmother's Garden so I decided to make mine a night garden. I've had a frustating week with necessary surgery delayed again and the light wasn't very good for my hand stitching, but it's done and I'm keeping up with this challenge so calling this success!
Wishing you a relaxing and creative weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your little hexagons in this- the dark colors work so well. Sorry you had a rough week. Hang on- weekend coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not perfectly stitched but I love the concept and my Aunty reminded me that my Great Grandmother used to make these kinds of quilt so a happy memory came out of this too ♥

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...