Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 26

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild 
(Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. 
See the original post HERE
This is the first time this year that I haven't completed my weekly card on time. It was a busy last week of school term along with appointments and a bereavement. My family have just had a long weekend in Wellington and I am looking forward to using these next two weeks of school holidays for some restoration, healing and art. 
#26 : Deep Peace. A wish for us all. Inspired by some recent watercolour play (sharing more soon I hope) I used one of the pieces cut to my card size.
I love these colours and wanted to keep it soft and pretty.
These are the five cards I created from the June prompts
and even more exciting - this card marks half way through the year and this project!
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been going through difficult times. Your watercolor card is lovely- tranquil and healing. The photo of the cards all together is a WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. The photo of them together is very motivating for the rest of the year :-)

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear you lost someone you cared about. Hope you are finished your chemo now. As always your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. Yes finished chemo and it worked really well so having more minor surgery than expected tomorrow. Everything crossed the results from that are what we hope. I am doing well.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...