Monday, May 18, 2020

Journal Jam 7 : Positive Plus

Effy Wild is sharing a weekly Journal Jam live session (Mondays 12noon EST). I'm now having to watch replays since she has rescheduled the time = 4am Tuesdays NZ Time! Since we moved to Level 2 in New Zealand last week I will normally be at work at the old time now anyway. Doesn't stop me playing : here's the replay for last week so you can have a go too. This is what Effy created from the prompts that follow :
Add Squares of paint in any colour (roll the dice for the colour 1. Red, 2. Blue, 3. Yellow, 4. Green, 5. Purple, 6. OrangeBegan with squares for Journal Jam 6 - learned my lesson there and I want to keep it light this time so first covering my background with white gesso and then rolling a dice for colour : 4. Green. Used a stencil of squares in a square and thought it would be fun to use 2 different greens
Meaningful phrase or song lyric Great idea of Effy's to scribble song lyrics with white paint pen so part of the background layering. I decided to add asemic writing using Faber-Castell Pitt pen which is permanent and waterproof once dry. 
I won't be able to read it later, but I used words from a favourite Victoria Erickson poem
Quickly draw a flower Black ink applied with a Fantastix applicator. You can rinse them out for different colour use later. 
Add love hearts A good opportunity to use one of my hand-carved stamps. Still looks very much like background but happy so far that I'm in a more comfortable place than I got last time!
Draw a face Knew this was coming because of seeing Effy's spread before I started but tried not to let what she did influence my responses. I positioned a face based on those hearts coming down her forehead. Drawn in with stabilo, activated with water and sprayed with workable fixative. 
Effy didn't draw any more prompts so let's just see where this goes....got to this by Friday. I know the face and flower need work but do I need to add anything else?
And then I had my very special Positive Plus quilt delivered to me yesterday and I was able to add tape from the wrapping (perfect colours!) and 7 +s (one for each member of my quilt group) to finish my spread. That poem above is even more apt. 
This spread has so many layers of meaning now. In my experience it's worth waiting to be properly inspired before you move forward when stuck.

2 comments:

  1. I like hearing how this evolved! Lovely work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really happy to be injecting meaning into my spreads that will reconnect me when I look back later.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...