Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Journal 52 : Week 20

Journal 52 is a weekly prompt from Effy Wild (Free HEREthat I'm creating on a deck of jumbo playing cards 3.5'' x 4.75'' (8.5 x 12 cm)Each card will include stitch, a found word, and be inspired by the project I've been working on that week or what's lying leftover on my work table. See the original post HERE.
#20: Bliss In the PDF Effy asked "What brings bliss among the ruins? What gives you comfort?" This weekend we were finally able to see people outside our bubble. Saturday was the first time I've seen and hugged my closest extended family since March. It was amazing to see them and then on Sunday I was so lucky to be gifted an amazing quilt made with love by the 7 members of my quilt house group. We were meeting weekly before Covid-19 and are talking about hopefully resuming in June. They are my bliss inspiration this week. 
I love my positive plus quilt and am staying optimistic and happy through my fight with breast cancer in no small part due to the love and support that I have from so many lovely friends and family. See more about the quilt HERE.
I decided to begin with a 7 💗 card and background paper and tape that was around my parcel. 
I love the meaning behind this one and am happy that although this isn't my best art card it captures a special feeling that will instantly reconnect me when I look back later.
Find all my Journal 52 posts HERE 

2 comments:

  1. Super positivity quilt and lovely that you were able to meet up with friends and family. Here in the UK they have lifted some of the restrictions, but many people never took the lockdown seriously so I do worry that there will be a second wave - hope I'm wrong. Like the idea of working on giant playing cards! Hope you're doing well, Lynette, sorry I haven't been around - it's been a bit crazy around here with work and homeschooling. Tell you what, I'm ready to take my GCSEs LOL! Sending lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you. I figured you'd been busy. I am very lucky with the quilt and the support ♥ Think of you often

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...