Thursday, January 16, 2020

Any occasion cards

Time to create another batch of cards to personalise and send as any occasion arises. I decided that I would feature some of my art on the cards and then embellish them with stitched elements.
Step 1 : Copy art to a Word document and re-size to get at least 4 images on an A4 page. Print on sheets of special paper (I used photo paper but have also used 160gsm textured card in the past). Trim and place on card fronts. Don't worry if some don't look great at this stage. Some will already be lovely and may be added to your stash immediately because they probably just need words to finish but I can never resist adding some kind of stitched element.
Step 2 : Add stitch and sari ribbon
Step 3 : Add found words and other stitched elements appropriate to the occasions as they arise. These ones are finished : 
You can see the previous batch using similar techniques HERE.

5 comments:

  1. You have outdone yourself with these! What a great idea- personal and beautiful greetings cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I love being able to use my own art like this. Quite a simple process but very personal

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic collection of cards and it's a really good way to recycle your art!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...