Sunday, June 2, 2019

Klimt in the garden with Rumi : Autumn

I am loving Effy's A Year of Rumi online journal class and am using it to inspire my own special stitched card project. We were given all the quotes at the beginning of the year, and since it is getting to the end of Autumn in New Zealand, I felt drawn to create the card for this quote now : "Be like a tree and let the dead leaves drop". It's a good time of year to think about releasing what's no longer serving you. In my gatherings I'm thinking about autumn colours of orange, gold and bronze, releasing, leaves
and Klimt's wonderful iconic tree of life painting
After my initial gatherings I just wasn't sure how to start so left it for a day. The next I was inspired to get out some organza to cut some leaves with my Versa Tool and saw my bag of painted fusible web samples = perfect.
I love that the leaves are raggy and show movement, and the card has a darkness like our coming winter but also with elements of Shine ♥ The moon reminds me to embrace each season as part of the natural cycle.  
Find out more about the "A Year with Rumi" class with Effy Wild HERECheck out the labels below for more entries about this project.

6 comments:

  1. Your box is really lovely! How did you stitch together the sides, top and bottom of the box? By hand or by machine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin - you can see the original box project process photos here : http://lynettecollis.blogspot.com/2017/08/klimt-in-garden-stitched-collage-box.html Mostly by machine but the 4 sides were finished by hand at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding- your fabrics are a perfect choice for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Nancy. A bit darker than my usual but conveys the mood I think ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super addition to your little box of stitched cards. The quote is very fitting and I love how you were inspired by the Klimt tree. I'm already imagining your box being full - so much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Zsuzsa - can't wait to spend some more time on these cards. They never cease to delight and surprise where they take me ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...