Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Quilt show inspirations

I belong to our city quilt guild Rose City Quilters and every 2 years we do a show of what's been made in the intervening years. The only quilt I could have shown (but didn't deliver in time - sigh) was this which I completed in April last year :
At the last exhibition I had made 5 quilts and was able to show 3 of them, and one won a merit ribbon! Obviously quilting has taken a back seat due to my other art journaling and mixed media projects. I got this far with my next quilt top by July this year but it hasn't progressed because I felt like it needs another row down the right to get the proportions right.
Having photographed it on my line just now for this post, I'm not sure. Perhaps I can explore this over the next couple of days....I'd love to know what you think. Actually, as I went through my photographs from the day I found this : 
Several years ago club members made A4 sized quilts to encourage viewers of exhibitions to look not touch - that's my one ;-) Anyway, these are the quilts from the exhibition that I REALLY loved. Please click on any photo to see it larger. 
"Metro Tiles" by Dawn Jackson (this pattern available from Susan Claire
 "Spike" by Sheryl Meech
"Pickled Clams" - so sorry, I missed a close-up of the maker's name. I try so hard not to do that.
This gorgeous giraffe is made by Pamela Tankersley, one of our guest exhibitors. And this too : 

And these beautiful works are by the other guest exhibitor who happens to be a lovely friend of mine
 - Debbie Jacques ♥
Love this simple but fun bright quilt "Lucy's Quilt" by Andrea Death :
And always inspired by Erilyn McMillan's quilts. This one is called "Where the Poppies Grow Our Hearts Mourn So"
I could share many more, but rather then post more photos twice, you might as well just go check out our Rose City Quilters blog post HERE to see all the ribbon winners. There are some stunners ♥

2 comments:

  1. Your blue floral quilt is lovely- sorry you missed exhibiting it. The current one is wonderful! I agree with you, it might need another row on the right to balance it out. But maybe this one will make it into your next show. We are in the same boat- love quilting but also love tons of other art and mixed media projects, too. It makes for a lot of supplies and always a choice whether to sew, paint, make journals, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to make decisions sometimes but aren't we lucky? You can do anything....but you can't do everything - I always try to though! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I will always respond to you so check back here in a couple of days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...